Artichoke Music is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization committed to community-building through music. For 40 years Artichoke has been an important hub at the center of Portland’s acoustic music scene. Thousands of people have come through Artichoke’s doors. Nationally- and internationally-known musicians have played on our stage—the same stage where people of all ages have performed before an audience for the very first time. Hundreds of people have learned to play an instrument or found the support they needed to write their first song. At-risk teens have discovered how music can change their lives. Musicians have found their perfect instruments. Accomplished performers have come to learn and to teach and to share their music with an appreciative, listening audience. Over time, Artichoke Community Music has become a beloved community-building music center committed to supporting the cultural diversity of Portland.
Because we are a nonprofit organization, we depend on our donors and our volunteers. Without you we would not be able to keep the doors open and the music playing. Our store, school, café and outreach bring in enough revenue to cover about 75 percent of our operating needs. The remainder must come from donations and grants. This is where you come in!
We are asking for your extra support at this time as we will soon be moving. Our lease at 3130 SE Hawthorne will not be renewed, and Artichoke Community Music will be in a new home by July, 2017. Our fundraising efforts at this time are focused on raising enough to see us through our relocation. We are extremely grateful for your help!
If you would like to help Artichoke Community Music relocate and expand its outreach into the community, there are many ways for you to participate:
Visit our Patreon (patreon.com/artichokecommunitymusic) page. Monthly donations can be as small as $5 or as large as you choose. If you prefer, you can also choose to set up recurring monthly contributions through PayPal. Either way, we are grateful for your continuing support at whatever level is comfortable for you. Thank you!
If you are an individual or a business and would like to make a one-time donation, an end-of-year donation, or would like to speak with someone in person, please contact Bob Howard at email@example.com or 503-806-2625. You can also make a one-time or recurring donation using a major credit card or with PayPal.
A Special Coffeehouse Night: Mad Night at the Oasis
Dale Jones, Ann Heyen, Greg Troll, Mark Malefyt
Friday May 19th
Robin Green and Fiddleheads
Sunday May 21
A Community Celebration (Details TBA)
Saturday July 1
House concerts and fundraising parties are also in the works. To recieve our newsletter with all upcoming shows, events, and news, join our Mailing List - Click Here. And be sure to attend all of the fantastic open mics and premier shows every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday in the Cafe! See our Calendar.
Other Ways to Give ...
Stock donations are gratefully accepted. Please call 503-232-8845.
- Honor/Memorial: Honor or remember a loved one by making a gift to Artichoke Music in his or her name. We will recognize your gift to the individual (honor) or their family (memorial) and will share with our 4,000 newsletter readers that tribute has been paid to him or her.
- Planned Gifts: Create your legacy. Your bequest or planned gift will help Artichoke Music make a lasting impact in our community. Consult your financial advisor and then contact us to discuss specific ways you can make a positive difference.
- Will/Trust: Name Artichoke Community Music to receive a specific gift from your estate; to receive all or a portion of the residue of your estate, or to be the contingent beneficiary.
- Life Insurance: Name Artichoke Community Music as a beneficiary of your life insurance policy and receive immediate tax advantages. A bequest of insurance enables you to assure a large future gift at a small cost now.
- Retirement Account: Name Artichoke Community Music as the beneficiary of your retirement account and gain tax incentives.
- In-Kind: Your gift of items or labor can help and they're tax deductible, too!
- Acoustic stringed instruments in fairly good working order that we can put into the hands of those who can't afford them.
- Vehicle donations, e.g., car, truck, motorcycle
- Product donations, i.e., commercially made drinks and snacks for our cafe or instruments to sell from our store
- Pro bono services such as printing, advertising, photography/videography, etc.
- AmazonSmile: When you shop online at AmazonSmile, designate Artichoke Music as your non-profit beneficiary and we'll receive a portion of your purchase total as a donation from their foundation. It's simple to sign up: AmazonSmile graphic/linked here
Demonstrate your company's commitment to the arts and to our community. Cash donations are welcome and helpful. Underwriting opportunities also exist for our community outreach, music school, and concert venue, so contact us to see how corporate social responsibility can be a win for everyone.
We appreciate the opportunity to make our case for funding support to philanthropic organizations whose missions align with ours.
Since Artichoke Music is a cultural partner of Oregon Cultural Trust (OCT), a gift to us followed by a matching gift to OCT allows you to claim a tax credit (not just a deduction). This relationship provides avid supporters of the arts with an outstanding opportunity to double their philanthropic giving.